The Daimler SP250 is a sports car built by the Daimler Company, a British manufacturer in Coventry, from 1959 to 1964. It was the last car to be launched by Daimler before its parent company, the Birmingham Small Arms Company (BSA), sold it to Jaguar Cars in 1960.
With little fins, googly-eye headlights and an oval grille that earned it the nickname 'Angry Catfish', it wasn't everybody's cup of tea looks wise. But it also had a light fibreglass body, four-wheel Girling disc brakes and a zippy 2.5-litre Hemi-head V8 engine designed by the famous BSA motorbike engineer Edward Turner, which meant its performance was pretty decent.
When the car first appeared at the New York Auto Show, it was called the Daimler Dart. But because Dodge was already using the Dart moniker for its own model, Daimler quickly changed the name of theirs to SP250. Just 2 848 SP250s were made, in three series, before they were discontinued in 1964, making them rare and sought-after cars.